Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Horse Apples

Everyone knows what horse apples are right? That pile of droppings left behind where ever horses go. I love those things! I see them every day, often smell like them, step over them all the time. Horse Apples saved my life! In 2003 I was injured at my job, rendering me unable to work, as things went along I found myself able to do less and less, finally getting to the point where I needed someone to help me get to the restroom. It was impossible to keep my weight down, And in June 2008 I had a heart attack. As soon as I got out of the hospital I decided that I was going to die if I didn't take care of things, that's about when I became friends with a man that had Lots and Lots of horses and all the horse apples that went with them. So a deal was Made... he would get help with his growing collection of horse apples and I could take as long as needed to move the piles. So as I felt like it I would go over to his place and scoop poop, maybe only 2 scoops a day.. just like Raisin Bran.. some days a few more... now 3 months later and 30 pounds less he is having me help with more than just horse apples, and here we are.

1 comment:

Camille said...

WooHoo! Nice pictures :) I will be watching to see more :)